Social Security Calculators
The following contains links to various Social Security related calculators provided by the ssa.gov website. When you click on these links you will be taken to the appropriate page on the .gov website.
- already have enough Social Security credits to qualify for benefits, you can use our Retirement Estimator to “Estimate Your Retirement Benefits” or get your Social Security Statement online.
- want a survivors or disability benefit estimate, do not already have enough Social Security credits to qualify for retirement benefits or you are eligible for a pension based on work not covered by Social Security, choose the “Benefit Calculators” tab or get your Social Security Statement online.
- already have a benefit estimate, choose the “Charts & More Calculators” tab to learn how earnings, pensions, life expectancy, and different retirement dates can affect your benefits.
- Benefit Calculators
- Charts & More Calculators
Use any of the calculators below to estimate your potential benefit amounts using different retirement dates and levels of future earnings. The calculators will show your retirement benefits as well as disability and survivor benefit amounts if you should become disabled or die.
This calculator gives you a simple, rough estimate when you input your date of birth and this year’s earnings. (You must be age 21 or older for this calculator to work correctly.)Note: The Quick Calculator does not include reduction for WEP.
Input your date of birth and your complete earnings history to get a benefit estimate. You may project your future earnings until your retirement date.
WEP Online Calculator
If you are eligible for a pension based on work that was not covered by Social Security, your benefit amount may be reduced by the Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP) or Government Pension Offset (GPO).
Use this version of the Online Calculator or download the Detailed Calculator to see the effect of WEP on your estimated benefits. (The Quick Calculator and the basic version of the Online Calculator cannot adjust for WEP.)Note: You can use our GPO Calculator to see the effect of GPO on potential spouse’s, widow’s or widower’s benefits.
This calculator provides the most precise estimates. It must be downloaded and installed on your computer. (Includes reduction for WEP.)Note: There is also a Mac version of the Detailed Calculator.
Things You Should Know:
- None of these calculators are linked to your Social Security earnings record. They use the earnings amounts you enter.If you want to use your Social Security earnings record to calculate your retirement benefits, please use our Retirement Estimator.
- All four calculators assume you have enough credits to qualify for benefits. They produce an estimate even if you do not actually have enough credits.
- The calculator estimates will differ from those on your online Social Security Statement if you use different assumptions.Example: If you had earnings last year, your Social Security Statement retirement benefit estimate assumes you will have similar earnings for every future year until you turn 62.If you tell us you will stop working before the year you turn 62, the calculator estimates will not include earnings for the years after you stop working.
If you need a benefit estimate on someone else’s record, such as your spouse or parent, use our toll-free number (if you are deaf or hard of hearing, use our toll-free TTY number, ) or contact your nearest Social Security office.